⇡ ⇡ ⇣ ⇣ ⇠ ⇢ ⇠ ⇢ B A, Yes its a long title but it works. Classic code. Nothing but game news here
- Microsoft’s Weekly Xbox deals
Have an Xbox or Xbox One? Do you love discounts? Good, Microsoft has you covered for the holidays. Starting this today Microsoft will be offering daily and weekly deals on Xbox One and Xbox 360 games. The deals will run until midnight on December 31st. Here are just few of the best deals available for the next seven days. That is right you only have until December 22nd to scoop these deals.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 50% off
- NBA Live 15 – 35% off
- Battlefield 4: Premium Edition – 50% off
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – 50% off
- The Crew + Far Cry 4 Bundle* – 25% off
- Skate 3* – 75% off
- Titanfall: Game of the Year Edition* – 75% off
- Dark Souls II – 50% off
- Tomb Raider – 67% off
- BioShock Infinite – 85% off
*These deals are available for Xbox Live Gold members only.
- What Car Should You Buy? Lets find with this unorthodoxed Quiz
When it comes to buying a car there are a lot of factors to take note of. Here is a fun short quiz from the folks at jalopnik.com that will you make your choice. The quiz has some very interesting questions and comes up with even more unreal answers. There is no highly sophisticated algorithm when it comes to this quiz. It’s all based on your desires. Some of which you didn’t know you had.
- What Happened to Sony Should have Companies Worried
What happened to Sony should have companies worried. The FBI says what happened to Sony was so sophisticated a hack that it can penetrate 90% of net defenses. That is some hack and reason to take pause before sending those emails that you thought were private. As of now the FBI, Mandiant, and Sony all have not yet explained what makes this hack so unprecedented and sophisticated. No one really knows who was behind the hack. Some think it was North Korea but the country denied involvement even though it cheered the Guardians of Peace for implementing the hack against Sony.
The Sony Pictures hack may be done but like the Snowden files, the leaks will keep coming for months and months. As more information comes to light about how it took place it becomes clear there were mistakes. Just like Target could have done more with its security, Sony could have done a lot more as well.
“We have tremendous respect for Kevin Mandia and the team he’s assembled at FireEye’s Mandiant, but we completely disagree with the statement he made over the weekend. He is clearly offering Sony the opportunity to hide behind the veil of advanced persistent threats. ~Ken Levine, president and CEO of security service provider Digital Guardian
The data breach Sony had a few weeks ago at the hands of Guardians of Peace (GOP) was the largest hack in a long time. The group got away with 100 terabytes of data containing sensitive information. The data had digital versions of unreleased Sony movies some of which were released to the torrent sites. It had personal details about employees such as emails, social security numbers, and addresses. The data of the celebrities that work with Sony has already caused issues for executives at the studio and we are sure more dirt will come out. However, what can cause the most damage is the information on the current and future business plans.
The level of sophistication is extremely high and we can tell…that [the hackers] are organized and certainly persistent. In speaking with Sony and separately, the Mandiant security provider, the malware that was used would have slipped or probably gotten past 90% of Net defenses that are out there today in private industry and [likely] challenged even state government. ~FBI’s assistant director of the cyber division Joseph Demarest
- Street Fighter is back
Nintendo gamers have Super Smash Brothers, Xbox one has Killer Instinct and now PS4 users have a fighting game all their own. Street Fighter is back but Sony somehow convinced Capcom to let Street Fighter V be a PS4 console exclusive. This is a huge break for Sony and will help in the system wars.
- Xbox One celebrates turning one with gifts for everyone
The Xbox one will turn 1 this Saturday, November 22. As the official one year anniversary of Xbox One, Microsoft will be celebrating. What better way to celebrate than with gifts? So this weekend Xbox One celebrates turning one with gifts for everyone. If you opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails (You prob didn’t even know there was an option), you’ll receive a personalized email detailing what you’ve accomplished since Xbox One launched last November. You can see which email address you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.
The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.
Starting today Friday, November 21st, everyone will get the following below:
- A Year One Gamer Picture
- New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
- A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
- A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
- A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
A very lucky few will also get one of the cool rewards below. These fans will be selected at random. The full list of epicness is as follows:
- Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle (U.S. only)
- Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle (U.S. only)
- One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
- Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Onlinedollars
- Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver (U.S. only)
- Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch (U.S. only)
- Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack (U.S. only)
- Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
- Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
- Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
- Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
- Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
- 75 Platinum in Warframe
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
- Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
- Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
- Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits