⇡ ⇡ ⇣ ⇣ ⇠ ⇢ ⇠ ⇢ B A, Yes its a long title but it works. Classic code. Nothing but game news here
- Dead Rising: Watchtower Movie Trailer
Dead Rising was a very addictive game. Now the movie Dead Rising: Watchtower based on the Capcom game is headed to Crackle on March 27th. The movie gives lots of nods to the game. There are makeshift weapons, psychopathic clowns.
- What You Need To Know About Microsoft’s Windows 10
No one is saying that Microsoft is going to ever have the mind share it once had however Windows 10 is a great start. The new Microsoft is a company that listens to its customers and actually delivers them what they ask for. It started with the Xbox One. The flip flop in the press about Xbox One was the company listening to its user base. There were a few people at headquarters that must have not got the memo in time but those folks no longer work for the company. The announcements Microsoft made yesterday show just how much the company has grown and evolved. CEO Satya Nadella has done a great job turning the old company to a company that is embracing the changing technology landscape rather than trying to fight it off. Below are three main things to know about Windows 10.
- Windows 10 will be free. That is not a typo. Who would have imagined Microsoft giving away anything for free? Microsoft figures if it works for Apple who lets users upgrade their hardware free, it should work for them too. Keep in mind if you have Windows 7, you will only have year to upgrade or windows 10 will not be free.
- Internet Explorer is dead. Long live Project Spartan. Microsoft’s IE is a joke. There, I said it. No one who enjoys the internet uses it. Although it is the default browser it fails to compare to Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Project Spartan takes the web browser in a brand new direction. Project Spartan is the answer to the question we have been asking for. Some new features give users the use it as a ability to save webpages that you can view later even without internet,
- The Xbox app for Windows PCs. This is one of the most important features of Windows 10. This feature is the trojan horse used to help Microsoft take back some control of PC gaming. The Xbox app for Windows 10 will have crossplay. That means PC gamers can talk and play gamers that are on console systems.
- Sid Meier’s Starships
The Sid Meier brand is like no other. The last game by Sid was Civilization: Beyond Earth. That game was an epic success. Now Sid introduces Sid Meier’s Starships. The space game will come out on Mac, iPad and PC later this year. The game will be in the same universe and story arch as Civilization. What is great about this game is that it will feature “cross-connectivity”.
“When designing Starships, I was intrigued by the idea of exploring the next chapter in the story of Civilization: Beyond Earth. What happens after we colonize our new home and eventually build starships to take to the stars? What has become of our long-lost brothers and sisters from the planet Earth? My goal was to create an experience that focuses on starship design and combat within a universe filled with interstellar adventure, diplomacy, and exploration.“
You will be a commander of a fleet of starships. You have full freedom to customize their fleet. Exploration and building up your fleet is the main goal of the game. You will also be researching future technology to build up the ships. Each player will see a unique map within the galaxy every they step into their Starship. There is no exact release date or pricing yet on the game.
- The debate is over: Xbox One & PS4 in 1 system
There are fanboys that love Xbox One and there are those that love PlayStation 4. No one is really a fanboy of Wii-U. The battle this generations new system is so far going in Sony’s direction. Microsoft price cut over the holidays helped but not enough. What if you didn’t have to choose one or the other? Some hardcore games have both but what if you could have them both cleanly in one box? We present the Playbox, a system that combines a PS4 and an Xbox One in one neat package.
The Playbox is a 22-inch laptop that has both systems inside of it. It lets you choose what system you want to boot. Both consoles are powered by the same cord so they can’t run simultaneously. You can’t buy a Playbox right now but designer Eddie Zarickaren’t will them available for sale soon.
- #TBT Play Old DOS Games Like Oregon Trail in your Browser
#ThrowbackThursday is always so random so today I thought I would help you reminisce with some classic gaming. #ICYMI you now have access to over 2,400 old MS-DOS video games. You have the folks over at the Internet Archive to thank. All of the over 2,400 old MS-DOS video games can be played right in the browser of your computer. Now the bad news; This repository is not easy navigate at all. The repository also does not work on your iPad. You Surface owners are good to go. Those are the only cons I could find. Once you do find the game you are looking for though, its gaming nirvana. Some of the games are classics others should have never been made.
The MS-DOS game library really is massive. It has everything from Street Fighter II, Duke Nukem 3D and my favorite Oregon Trail. The Internet Archive is not the first project that brought hundreds of arcade games to the masses for free but it is does have the most complete catalog. I know you are very busy so I picked some games to get you started below. The whole list is located at the Internet Archive.