Microsoft has now officially jumped into the tablet market again. They were one of the first but clearly Apple has taken over with a vengeance. Microsoft will try again with the Surface. In typical Microsoft fashion, the tablets whole name is pretty long. It’s called the Microsoft Surface for Windows RT and the Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 Pro. If Steve Ballmer’s last stand does not prove to be a success. It may also be his curtain call as head of Microsoft. It seems at one point that anything that Apple did Microsoft would just copy and make better. The trend started with the Apple II which Microsoft countered with DOS. However it has been a long time since we have seen them do that well. Sure they had the Zune. While I was one of the few people that liked the Zune better than the iPod it did not compare to the droves of people that loved the iPod.
Apple ignored the home console while Microsoft took steps to take over the industry with Xbox and finally accomplished this goal with Xbox 360. On the flip side, Microsoft ignored the smartphone industry that it once dominated with Windows Mobile. Today it struggles to even find a foot hole. Apple embraced the market. Apple not only made people use a smartphone it made it cool to own one. Apple did the same thing in the tablet market. Microsoft was first in the industry with Tablet PC but never innovated.… Read the rest
Apple has just released a new version of iOS for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Don’ t update if you jailbreak your device.
Changes are as follows:
… Read the rest
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
• Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
• Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
• Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
• Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For Apple A5 devices on 5.0.1 » GreenPois0n Absinthe
How To Use GreenPois0n: The Quick Guide
- Remember: greenpois0n is not an unlock, it is a jailbreak! (If you are unsure of the difference, stop reading now & become friends with a revolutionary new website called Google.)
- Download & extract greenpois0n from the .zip file, then launch greenpois0n.
- Attach your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer & click ‘Jailbreak’.
- Greenpois0n will automatically commence its DFU guide. If you know how to put your device into ‘DFU Mode,’ you can do this at your leisure; when done, greenpois0n will acknowledge a successful DFU operation.
- Press ‘Jailbreak’ again (if necessary) and let greenpois0n do its thing! You will see wonderful lines of text scroll on your device’s screen to assure you that something is happening.
- After a few magical seconds, greenpois0n will display a ‘Complete’ message. At this point, the greenpois0n injection is complete – just wait for your device to reboot automatically.
- Once your device has finished rebooting, double-check that you have an active internet connection, then locate & press the ‘Loader’ icon on your device. This action will download the Cydia app and install it for you.
- When Cydia has been installed successfully, your device needs to (& will automatically) reboot one final time.
- You’re done! Enjoy