Samsung has announced that they will be releasing the Galaxy S8 next month. Pre-orders begin tomorrow (March 30). Along with that announcement we are being provided with all the juicy details that we’ve been waiting for. But wait… the information that we’ve seen leaked over the last few weeks (or longer) might have been, in fact, accurate. A big part of this announcement by Samsung is to try to put the Note, and its incredible safety issues, in the distant past. And to show that Samsung is a player in the phone market. Now, you might be thinking that they have been already, but until this update, I’m not sure that they have been. Later in this article I will compare the S8 with the iPhone 7 and you can judge for yourself.
First though. Let’s look at the specs:
- Galaxy S8 has a 5.8″ screen. The Galaxy S8 + has a screen size of 6.2″
- It comes in a variety of colours, including: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver and Maple Gold
- Both have a camera with an 8 times digital zoom as well as many different “modes”
- Both have the ability to record video in 4K
- The Galaxy S8 has a battery life of anywhere between 11 and 67 hours, depending on what you’re doing. Where as the S8+ lasts a bit longer ranging from 13 to 78 hours, again depending on what you are doing.
- Wireless charging capabilities
- An iris sensor (among a few others) and;
- Bixby – which I will get into more detail later on in this article.