Posts tagged OpenTable
Here is the update of what is going on at WWDC. Let’s see how many were correct in my prediction from this morning. Anything in green means I was right.
- Integration with Facebook like we with Twitter.
- Hardware, Hardware, hardware! New hardware redesign.
- iOS 6 new look metallic sliver just like the WWDC app.
- Mail VIP: Filter for your mail by people named in your VIP list.
- Siri for iPad with iOS6
- iCloud will do more and highly integrated with iOS 6.
- Facetime now works over cellular.
- GM, Ford, Toyota & Mercedes Benz all to get Siri by next year.
- Siri can now launch apps!
- Siri now plays nice with OpenTable and Yelp. No word on if Siri will have an open API. I doubt that it will
- MacBook Pro but as light as a MacAir. It has HDMI! You have USB 2/3, Thunderbolt, SD card slot. Cost of all that Super MacBook Pro goodness $2,199
- Built in turn-by-turn navigation!! Works from the lock screen and Siri too
- iOS 6 Beta comes out today. (If you are developer)
There are many places to spend you hard earned cash and harder earned free time. Washington DC is a small big place. It’s a city that is night life everywhere. You can catch live Jazz at Salon in Georgetown. Get a poetry reading at Bus Boys in Dupont or a concert at The Town Center in Rockville. Ok, that last one was reaching but never the less it is a great spot and only 20mins out on the very clean metro.
The gem and new place in DC is really easy to reach and very well located. It is right in Chinatown across the Verizon Center. The location is what is happening now in DC. This is the hot spot. If you are not here early like 9pm. You can expect to wait online for a long wait. Reservations are a must if you plan on getting a table. Although an oversight is that they are not on OpenTable. The bar has one very big screen (projector) and multiple LCD HD TVs everywhere.
The food is great and the service is even better than some 5 star restaurants. Why am I writing about this place? Besides it is a great place to visit if in DC; it reminds me of Toga in Atlantic City. Same VIP feel throughout and great food only within the casinos. The tech it takes to run the boards is astonishing. A must see.
Toyota’s still the biggest auto manufacturer in the world but the company has been far behind the competition in other ways. The Ford’s SYNC has become something like a gold standard in auto advanced communications. Toyota looks to change that with the Entune.
Entune will be out this year, but Toyota isn’t saying which models will have the feature or whether you will have to pay extra for it. By the looks of it Ford Sync has nothing to worry about for a while.