Posts tagged Phil Schiller
Apple’s CEO Tim Cook told us to expect even more from this year. Well it’s 2012 and WWDC is here. The conference sold out in a day. Clearly people what to know what we can look forward to. We know that iOS 6 will be on full display. Surely there will be a hands on after the event but what about the new hardware. Will there be a new Macbook? How about the MacPro? We will see new hardware unlike previous WWDCs. I think WWDC this year will give a big chunk of time to hardware. Below are what I think will be discussed and what I’m pretty sure will not happen. The event starts at 10AM PT/1PM EST
What will happen
- Apple’s senior vice president of product marketing Phil Schiller will give the Apple keynotes not Tim Cook.
- Google Maps stays on iOS but you will have the option to use Apple’s.
- Integration with Facebook like we with Twitter.
- Hardware, Hardware, hardware! New hardware redesign.
- iOS 6 new look metallic sliver just like the WWDC app.
- Mail VIP: Filter for your mail by people named in your VIP list.
- Siri for iPad with iOS6
- iCloud will do more and highly integrated with iOS 6.
What will not happen
- Automatic app updates: I don’ think this will happen nor should it happen. There are a number of apps whose updates only break a perfectly working app.
- Social Hub: like Microsoft’s People hub that will sync your phone contacts with social networks. There are apps that already do this but native is always better.
- iWallet: Apple is testing a Bluetooth version of a payment system rather than NFC. Leave it to Apple to go against the grain but I don’t see this happening this year.
- Live Widget: Windows Phone and Android already do this. The app runs in the background and just gives you the latest info. I know it can be done because they are already doing it with Weather and Stocks apps in the notification center. Also the jailbreak community has Dashboard X that has a host of widgets running on the iOS without any issues.
Tim Cook the new big Apple will hold a big media event October 4th. Now I know what you are thinking; iPhone 5. Chances are you are right but here is why you could be wrong:
- People are citing sources familiar with the matter (Who is that?)
- No invites have been sent out that I have seen yet
- We are talking about a iPhone (It’s a guessing game)
Not to be a sorry patch. Here is someone reasons why it could be true:
- The date for the iPhone to be be released is in line with all the rumors flying around.
- It’s right before the Holidays
- Cook is ready to step into the lime light
This will be CEO Cook’s first time stepping up for a major event like this. He has done others but this is the flagship product. He has waited a long time to do it so it seems only right that Cook keep us waiting no more. That being said, it really any bodies guess when the iPhone 5 comes out. We have said in our earlier posts that it would be October 10th. We still hold to that date. Our “sources familiar with the matter” tell us that date.