Posts tagged social hub
Apple’s CEO Tim Cook told us to expect even more from this year. Well it’s 2012 and WWDC is here. The conference sold out in a day. Clearly people what to know what we can look forward to. We know that iOS 6 will be on full display. Surely there will be a hands on after the event but what about the new hardware. Will there be a new Macbook? How about the MacPro? We will see new hardware unlike previous WWDCs. I think WWDC this year will give a big chunk of time to hardware. Below are what I think will be discussed and what I’m pretty sure will not happen. The event starts at 10AM PT/1PM EST
What will happen
- Apple’s senior vice president of product marketing Phil Schiller will give the Apple keynotes not Tim Cook.
- Google Maps stays on iOS but you will have the option to use Apple’s.
- Integration with Facebook like we with Twitter.
- Hardware, Hardware, hardware! New hardware redesign.
- iOS 6 new look metallic sliver just like the WWDC app.
- Mail VIP: Filter for your mail by people named in your VIP list.
- Siri for iPad with iOS6
- iCloud will do more and highly integrated with iOS 6.
What will not happen
- Automatic app updates: I don’ think this will happen nor should it happen. There are a number of apps whose updates only break a perfectly working app.
- Social Hub: like Microsoft’s People hub that will sync your phone contacts with social networks. There are apps that already do this but native is always better.
- iWallet: Apple is testing a Bluetooth version of a payment system rather than NFC. Leave it to Apple to go against the grain but I don’t see this happening this year.
- Live Widget: Windows Phone and Android already do this. The app runs in the background and just gives you the latest info. I know it can be done because they are already doing it with Weather and Stocks apps in the notification center. Also the jailbreak community has Dashboard X that has a host of widgets running on the iOS without any issues.