Apple has had a hard time keeping anything it does under wraps in recent years. The iPhone 7 is no exception. Pretty much almost everything was known about the phone before the official announcement. There were screenshots from the official video for Apple iPhone 7. We knew about the removal of the industry standard 3.5 mm audio Jack months ahead of time. One has to wonder if that was not a strategy to calm the masses or at least get them ready for its removal. Apple removed the headphone Jack in order to make more space for the battery while at the same time reducing the thickness of the smartphone. Those that think it will be horrible move might want to take note that this is the same Apple that killed the floppy, DVD drive and seems to be on a steady trajectory to kill all ports in general. Apple revealed its own-designed Bluetooth-like communication chip to take advantage of its own brand Bluetooth headphones called AirPods. They didn’t buy Beats for billions to have them sit around.
The iPhone 7 finally moves the smartphone out of 16GB hell. iPhone 7 will start at $649 for the entry-level 32GB model and move up the usual $100 premium for 128GBs and the new 256GB high-end model. Availability for the devices & key features are as follows;
- Pre-orders start Sept 9.
- iPhones will ship/go on sale Sept. 16
- Redesigned Home button with Taptic engine
- A10 Fusion four-core CPU
- Water and dust resistant enclosure
- 12 Megapixel cameras with new quad-led True Tone flash
- Dual-camera system for enhanced zoom on Plus models
- Optical image stabilization in all iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models
- Lightning Earpods + Lightning to 3.5mm adapter in box
- Color options: New glossy “Jet black”, second “black” finish with black logo, silver, gold, and rose gold
- Repositioned antennas
- Apple Watch 2