Say what you will about Facebook but everyone in the world has used, uses or knows someone who uses the site. Facebook knows this too so it figured why not expand on its dominance into a new market. To that end Facebook is going to add a new feature for its Messenger app. The hope is that you will use this new feature to send money to your friends and vice versa. The way it is going to work is pretty simple.
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time
All communications made on Facebook Messenger are encrypted. Facebook also says that all your credit card information is safe with them. If you have an iPhone you can use Touch ID to add an extra layer of security. There is always the PIN option as well.