The wait is over folks. The Pangu team have released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 9. The iOS 9 also works on 9.0.2. Keep in mind that the jailbreak tool is as of right now a Windows only tool. You can sign up on Pangu’s website for an update on when you can download a Mac version. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9. This “How To Guide” also works on Mac OS X using a virtual machine like Parallels.
Don’t Have Parallels?
- Download and install Parallels Desktop for Mac.
- Use the free 14-day trial
- Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation 90 day trial
- Open Parallels, select File > New from the menu, and click on “Install Windows from DVD or Image File”.
- Parallels will take you through very simple the install process.
Now that is out of the way. This how to Jailbreak iOS 9
- Follow these steps to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu jailbreak.
- Download Pangu Jailbreak
- Enable Airplane mode.
- Turn off Find my iPhone
- Run Pangu as Administrator.
- Click on the blue Start
- Click on Already Backup to proceed to the jailbreak.
- Your iPhone will reboot. Once it starts you have to enable AirPlane mode again.
- Once you hit 75% you will have to unlock your device and click the Pangu app.
- You will have to grant Pangu access to use photos by pressing the Accept and Allow.
- Your iPhone will reboot then Pangu will tell you that your device is “Already Jailbroken”.
- Click Cydia and enjoy your jailbreak