Hacker and developer, coolstar, just released the Electra jailbreak toolkit for iOS 11 through iOS 11.1.2. This toolkit is meant for jailbreak developers so they can test their tweaks and themes. The difference between the Electra jailbreak and the LiberiOS jailbreak is that it comes with Substitute, which is a Cydia Substrate alternative. This means it will allow you to install jailbreak tweaks and themes. But before we get started, it’s important to note the following:
- Electra jailbreak toolkit supports the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
- It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1
- It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
- Currently, Cydia is not included so it won’t be that easy to install the jailbreak apps and tweaks. Avoid installing Cydia from unknown sources.
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered, similar to LiberiOS jailbreak.
- Make sure that you take a complete backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iTunes.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery level for the jailbreak process to complete.
Step 1: Download Electra Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Download the latest version of Electra jailbreak IPA from the official website and Cydia Impactor. Cydia Impactor is available for macOS, Windows, Linux (32-bit and 64-bit). Do not download Electra jailbreak from mirror sites, as they could include malware.
Step 2: Install/Sideload Electra IPA Using Cydia Impactor
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer with the Lightning cable to sideload the Electra IPA file.
Launch Cydia Impactor on your computer. It will detect your iOS device. Drag the Electra jailbreak IPA file you had downloaded earlier on to its UI. Enter the Apple ID and password for your Apple Developer account when prompted, and wait for Cydia Impactor to sideload the signed app on your iOS device.
Step 3: Trust Developer Profile
Once Electra jailbreak IPA is successfully sideloaded. Launch the Settings app, and navigate to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management (in some iOS versions it may just be General > Device Management). Tap on the profile associated with the Electra app. Tap on Trust and confirm it.
Step 4: Run Jailbreak Process
Launch the Electra Jailbreak app from the Home screen, and tap Jailbreak button to start the jailbreak process.
Step 5: Wait for Jailbreak to Complete
After some time, you should get the screen which should inform you that the jailbreak was successful. Congrats, your device is now jailbroken!
How to Install Jailbreak Apps?
Since Cydia is not compatible with iOS 11 yet, you will need to install them manually, which means you will need the .deb and .theme folder downloaded on your computer. It will also take some time for jailbreak developers to update their tweaks for iOS 11.