PUBG Mobile just got some more intense gameplay. This might not have been what you were looking for, but you’re going to get it anyway. Both Android and iOS versions of the game now include War Mode, which ditches the familiar battle royale in favor of a deathmatch-style experience. But that’s not the only update. Competitive players are getting their fill with clan support – including insignia, missions, and a Clan Shop. There are also a ton of other additions. Like what, you ask?
There’s a new team chat channel for finding partners, and a community system to find relevant topics. You can send players “likes” when you appreciate their gameplay, complete achievements to win titles and apparel, and navigate through redesigned interfaces that help you jump into the action so much sooner. But will these updates cause distress for Epic with Fortnite? Unlikely, but they do reflect just how important PUBG’s Mobile experience is in the industry. In fact, it has over 10 million active players, which is huge for any mobile game. Its additions are crucial to keeping players engaged and also expanding its base – on all its platforms.
Arcade Mode – War
- A new, faster-paced variation of Arcade mode.
- Added the SLR Sniper Rifle.
- Added Light Foregrip, Half Foregrip, Thumb Foregrip.
- Parameters for Vertical Foregrip and Angled Foregrip have been adjusted.
- Added many entertaining and challenging long-term objectives. Complete difficult objectives to get titles and outfits.
- Added titles to the game. Players can select one to display by their name.
- Players can now create or join Clans, which unlock Clan insignia, missions, and the Clan Shop.
- You can now check out the regional rankings to see who’s the best.
First Person Perspective
- Now supported in custom rooms.
- Added a team channel for finding teams.
- Added a community system where players can find topics that interest them by tags.
- Players can now give one another “likes” after a match. The number of likes received will be displayed on a player’s profile page.
- Characters now have different poses on the results screen based on performance.
- Added new idling animation for female characters.
Main Menu UI Redesign
- Main UI redesigned for players to enter different modes quicker.
Shop UI Redesign
- Simplified shop UI.
Multiple Crate Purchases and Batch Dismantle
- All crates can now be purchased 10 at a time.
- Extra items in inventory can now be dismantled in batch.
- Crates can now be opened by coupons, which are created by combining coupon scraps.
- Added new vehicles, helmets, backpack finishes and new character faces.
- Messages can now be marked as read instantly.
- Players can see friends recommended by the system.
- Added more ways to share.
- Room owners now have access to more room parameters.
- The friends’ list has been improved to fix an issue where data errors occurred when having too many friends.
- Added weapon information to spectator mode.
- Added an instant refuel button so that vehicles low on fuel can be refueled instantly.
- Custom controls: sprint button, pick-up list.