Some people may think that the price of Microsoft’s Surface is too high. That maybe it has priced it’s self out of the tablet market before it even entered. I for one don’t think two-party systems work in any area. Politics to electronics, you need a 3rd party to give people options. Seems there were a lot of people who agree with me. The launch-day preorders for Microsoft’s Surface have sold out. The base model sold out in less than 24 hours. The stand-alone Surface has 32GB and no keyboard. Shipping times for Microsoft’s Surface has slipped to 3 weeks. Microsoft did tell everyone that inventory would be limited. What Microsoft calls “limited” is not yet known because they did not give out any numbers. The Surface launches at midnight on October 26th. The 32GB Surface is $499. The 32GB Surface with a black Touch Cover is $599 and the 64GB Surface with a black Touch Cover $699 was still available.
- VaporMg™ casingMade with VaporMg, Surface is precision crafted to be tough yet elegant, without excessive bulk. At less than 1.5 pounds, with a watch-like finish that’s incredibly smooth, and durable, Surface is a delight to hold and touch.
- Integrated KickstandIntegrated Kickstand provides uncompromised support and flexibility. Flip out the Kickstand for hands-free entertainment. Whether you’re watching a movie, or shooting video, Surface stands on its own.
- Touch CoverThe cover you can type on. Touch Cover clicks in to Surface in an instant, and offers a sleek, spill-resistant exterior for working – no matter where you find yourself. When folded back, Touch Cover automatically disables keystrokes for a full touchscreen experience; when closed, it turns off your display. Give Surface your personal touch with a color that matches your style.
- Ports and ConnectivityBring your entire media collection with you wherever you go. A microSDXC card slot lets you add up to 64 GB of extra storage. Show off everything on the big screen using the HD video out port. Full-size USB port and Bluetooth 4.0 provide clutter-free connections with wireless mice and headsets. Dual 2×2 MIMO antennas provide reliable internet connectivity.
- Windows RT and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT PreviewWork anywhere, anytime with Windows RT and Office 2013 RT2. Keep tabs on news, friends, and entertainment with pre-loaded Microsoft apps. Visit the Windows Store3 to discover more apps and games.
- Front and rear-facing 720p HD video camerasCapture life from all sides with LifeCam. The rear camera is angled to shoot straight ahead when the Kickstand is flipped out. The Kickstand also enables hands-free Skype video chat or recording. Custom lens design and an ambient light sensor maximize light intake while providing sharp focus so you’ll never miss a shot.
In the box
- Surface with Windows RT and Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview2
- Black Touch Cover (not included with 32 GB without Black Touch Cover)
- Power supply
- QuickStart Guide
- Safety and warranty documents