Microsoft has struck deals with over 30 content providers on the Xbox 360. The full list of companies that Microsoft has brought together are leaders in the entertainment industry. Here’s a short list of those that stand out right away:
- Comcast: Only Xfinity On Demand
- Clear Channel: iHeartRadio will be the only digital radio service on Xbox Live, complete with Kinect support. So Last.Fm going away?
- HBO: A new version of the HBO GO
- NBC Universal: Content from Bravo, SyFy and more.
- Manga Entertainment: Very big catalog of streaming anime.
- Crackle: Sony Pictures Entertainment backlog of movies
- EPIX: MGM, Lionsgate and Paramount catalog of movies.
- UFC: Streaming fights and interactivity like ESPN.
- Verizon: 26 channels from the Verizon FiOS
Microsoft’s existing content providers AT&T, ESPN, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. Microsoft also made friends with some International content providers as well such as BBC (UK), Canal+ (France/Spain), MediaSet (Italy), and SBS On Demand (Australia).