We heard you can unlock a Mac with to hacking skills needed. We wondered how to unlock any #Mac in a matter of moments. No #hacking skills needed. We had to try this to see if it was really this easy to pull off. The good news is that it is not that easy. The bad news is that it is that easy. Now a bit of explanation. Someone would have your computer in their hands for a longer than normal to pull this off. That said, if you are one of those that are in to letting people hang around your computer without supervision there are ways to protect yourself. Just go to your setting and enable file encryption. However if you don’t see the importance of doing this simple thing. prepare to freak out at how easy it is to get into your Mac. All Macs include a built-in password reset tool that is incredibly easy to use or abuse depending on your intention. Below are the steps to get into any Mac. Enjoy and be very worried if you have not enabled file encryption.
- To get started, you will need to restart your computer.
- Press the Command and R keys at the same time when the grey screen appears and hold them until you see the Apple logo. A small loading bar will appear under the logo. Sit tight as your system boots into Recovery Mode.
- Click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar, select Terminal, type resetpassword and press Enter. Close out the Terminal window and behind it you will find the Reset Password utility.
- All you have to do now is select the user account you want to reset, enter a new password or leave it blank and click Save.
- Then just simply restart the computer from the Apple menu and login with your new password.