Lets start this with some facts. I do my facts with Pros vs. Cons list. It helps me see the bigger picture.
- Hulu Plus has a great list of shows and movies from top networks and studios. (More shows than Netflix)
- Hulu Plus cost only $7.99 (Same as Netflix)
- Hulu Plus works with Xbox 360, iPad & PS3 (when Sony is not down)
- Hulu Plus has this little thing called commercials. (Netflix has no such annoyance)
- Hulu Plus content does not all work. There are web only content that only works on, well the web
- Hulu Plus is not on nearly as many devices as Netflix yet
Three cons may not sound like a lot but if one pays for a services than there should not be commercials. That is the whole point of paying for the new age of media content. It’s so you can control your own content. It is because of that single reason I will let the free week of Hulu Plus run out. It just takes away from the experience when a commercial pops up that you can’t skip. I feel like I am in the stone ages. When put up right next to Netflix Hulu Plus is not a winner here. Not yet anyway.
Only Xbox Live Gold members who pay the $60 yearly subscription fee will be able to use it. They’ll also have to subscribe to Hulu Plus at a cost of $8 a month. While PlayStation 3 users can use Hulu Plus for free. It’s a better deal than Microsoft’s offer. On iPad it’s a free app that works very well. Back to the Xbox 360 it seems that the implementation of a full controller-free Kinect future is just that. In the future. The motion controller can only be used to browse through a small selection of “popular” shows on Hulu Plus. You can’t search or view your queue using the Kinect. You will find that adding to your queue will be best done on the PC.
When it comes down to it Hulu Plus is a great service. Although since it is a paid subscription service, only the web site should be supported by advertising. My shows and movies should not be interrupted by frequent commercials.