Marvel is marking their 10th anniversary of the Cinematic Universe. How, exactly? Marvel has plans to mark the occasion by upgrading the quality of their movies themselves and then showing them in IMAX theaters across North America. When you look at the list below, it doesn’t seem like a lot, but over the course of 10 years, this is pretty incredible. When I say that they’re promising digital remasters of their movies, I mean every movie. Which, as you can imagine, is a bit hard to wrap your head around. In some cases, this will be your first chance to watch those movies in IMAX including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Captain America: The First Avenger.
That’s the good news, so what is the bad news? This is only going to last about 6 days, so you’re going to want to choose your movies carefully. And with so many great options, it’s hard to choose. You can purchase tickets now from the IMAX website if you want to be guaranteed a seat at your local IMAX theater.
What does Marvel Studios have to say about it? According to Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios:
“We knew we wanted to go big to celebrate 10 years of Marvel Studios, and you can’t get any bigger than Imax. This is an incredible celebration for fans. They will be able to see all of Marvel Studios’ films back-to-back and really be immersed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.”
Marvel Studios, as we know it, has only been around for 10 years, but honestly, it feels like it’s been so much longer. It was purchased by Disney in 2009, and that’s sort of when it became what we know it as. That’s not to say that there weren’t superhero movies before that, but with Disney’s help, they have been able to bring us some incredible movies from their lesser-known properties. What do I mean? Back in early 2009, Marvel tried to hire a team of writers who could bring some of these characters to the big screen. Specifically, they were thinking about Black Panther, Cable, and Iron Fist. But it wasn’t until the help of Disney that they were really able to make that happen.
And, we are truly grateful for that! Below is a list of the movies that will be shown in IMAX and on what days. Check out the listings at your local theater, and get your tickets early. I can’t imagine the tickets lasting too long.
- August 30: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor
- August 31: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World
- September 1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
- September 2: Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming
- September 3: Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp
- September 4: Iron Man, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, Doctor Strange
- September 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Captain America: Civil War, The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War
- September 6: Fans vote for any two MCU movies.
One thought on “Marvel Brings All MCU Titles to IMAX To Celebrate Their 10th Anniversary”
[…] post Marvel Brings All MCU Titles to IMAX To Celebrate Their 10th Anniversary appeared first on Saintel […]
Comments are closed.